Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pain


Yesterday I was supposed to go on leave in the afternoon because my headache was still bothering me. However, there is still so much to do in the office so I was not allowed. By 5:30 in the afternoon I decided to go and deliver some stuff for my client. Luckily, a friend was in the area so I decided to meet him up there. My headache still hasn’t ebbed out but already manageable.

I arrived late and saw my friend first looking seriously at his laptop and talking to someone on the phone, apparently doing some office chores. I said hi and took another chair from the opposite table and sat in front of him. I open up my laptop and prepare stuffs for the client. I had coffee while he had cheesecake.

After a while, my client’s friend called up to pick up the stuff and I excused myself to give the stuff. My client’s friend is cute but he was in a hurry so we haven’t got the chance to talk. I assumed that this person is my client’s beau.

My friend and I talked over some issues that are hunting us. By 9 or 9:30 pm we called it a night. Instead of going home, I went to my favorite store to buy some yogurt for myself. It’s been a while since the last time I visited the place, this used to be our favorite yogurt place. I can’t help reminiscing the good old days.

By 11 pm I was home, I was still texting another friend asking him to let me borrow his comics’ collection and texting my new best friend about some issues he’s currently facing, which by the was mirrors mine.

He was already asleep when I arrived. I decided to take a shower and decided to sleep early because I’m still not feeling well.

I was awoken by a sudden pang of pain on my leg. I tried to ignore it at first but the more it hurts, until I can’t take it anymore. I can’t help it but shout. I’m in so much pain that time. I haven’t felt that way before. It’s like piercing me and ripping my muscles apart.

I notice him standing up and switched the light on.

“Xtian, Xtian, tayo ka.”

“Ahhhhhhhhh, hindi ko kaya.”

“Xtian, sige na.”

“Ahhhh, sakit. Sakit sakit.

I don’t know how he did it but he sort of carried me and hugged me tight so I could stand up. I’m pretty heavy but he was able to.

“Tayo ka bilis. Hawak ka lang sa akin.”

I hugged him tight, still closing my eyes trying my best to stand up.

“Ayan ganyan tayo mo lang yan. Shhhh mawawala na 'yan maya maya.”

And he was right, after a while, the pain had become lesser now so I went back to bed. I force myself to sleep again because I was embarrassed. I never expected that I would react that way while in so much pain. Luckily, he didn’t panic as well.

I woke up and my leg still hurts. He was already preparing for school so I headed straight to the shower. After the shower I notice that he already left. I open the door and saw something in the bed. I saw something that I never thought I would ever see again. I suddenly forgot the pain and discomfort brought about by my leg.

My heart melted. I sighed. Then I smiled. (Sh*t! The small things he does.)

Xoxo

The Curious Cat

P.S. Image is courtesy of http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Health/Images/Knee-Pain.jpg

14 comments:

  1. i hate that when it happens to me... usually kapag nag thothorjack ka at natutulog... sabi nila lack of oxygen circulating daw in that area.

    pero siyempre ang mas panalo ay ang alalayan scene niyo. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweeter than sweat, ehe este, sweet :)

    sus, kelangan mo lang tlc at papansin kaya hehe

    salamat sa pagbisita sa blog ko ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those muscle cramps are really painful. the trick for me is to try to straighten my legs whenever that happens.

    sweet pa rin naman pala! there's hope after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What hurts the most
    Was being so close
    And having so much to say
    And watching you walk away
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    And not seeing that loving you
    Is what I was tryin’ to do

    Rascal Flatts
    What Hurts The Most

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe it's time to reinvent your relationship..

    have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its funny how small things can make us smile...;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cramps ba?
    Dapat di ka na lang niya pinatayo.
    Binend na lang dapat niya yung big toe (sorry di ko alam yung tamang term) mo.

    Anyhoo... SWEETNESS ang kargahan moments ninyo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. baka pulikat. usually when i get that, panigurado sira na buong araw ko.

    i'm curious. what did he leave?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hangad ko na ikaw ay nasa mabuting kalagayan.hindi man tayo nagkakapalitan ng mensahe nitong mga nakaraang araw, kasama ka sa aking panalangin na nawa'y mabawasan ang bigat sa iyong dibdib

    nga pala, kung nagtext ka man sa akin, pakilala ka lang ha, bro?

    salbahe kasi ako sa mga anonymous texters.
    read.SALABAHE.

    ahehehe.

    ingat parati

    ReplyDelete
  10. ganyan talaga pag malamig. sign of aging. =)

    i sincerely hope you'll work things out with your partner. hirap kasi ng situation niyo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naks! the little things he does.. ano bah talaga..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wonder what was on the bed?

    you know, somehow, something tells me, there is still hope.

    but i'm contradicting what i said before, hehe.

    all the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete