Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend


Last Friday, the party I was supposed to go was postponed. So after working out I had nowhere else to go. I wanted to watch a movie but they no longer sell tickets because the last full show already started. That sucks. I really don't have anywhere else to go. I didn't want to go home yet. I was sitting outside mini-stop waiting for nothing but to each turn of the clock's hand - one second at a time.

After a while, I decided to go back to Cubao and stay there until I felt like going home. There I was texted by a friend asking me what happened to my blog. I texted him the temporary URL of my blog and asked him if he'd like to go out for a drink. He said yes and told me to meet him in Quatro.

While I was walking towards an ATM machine, my name was being called. It was from my younger brother's batch mate in grade school and is our neighbor in the province. He was joined by 3 more of their batch. It was nostalgic for me. Felt like home. I drink a couple of beer while we exchanged kamustahan before I left for Quatro.

There in Quatro, I accidentally met a friend. It was actually nice seeing him to finally put a face behind a name. We had a couple of rounds and finally decided to go home when my friend got drunk already. He was actually funny when he gets drunk. We hailed a cab foe him. Then I finally went home by myself and finding him already asleep. I went to the shower to take a bath then took a nap soon after.

I woke up the next day finding him already left for work. I prepared myself for a work-out. I was glad that our gimik later was still on so I decided to dine first at dampa. I was already drinking a couple of beers before a friend came to meet me. It was also nice seeing him and finally be able to put a face to a name. He also had his own gimik but decided to see me first before meeting his own set of friends.

It was already past midnight when my friends finally arrived. I asked them where we're going and was informed at Quatro. Nge na naman? I was just there last night. They insisted so we went there. We were teasing one of our friends because he's been flirting with some of the guests there but refused to actually made contact with them. We said it's ok, after all, he's the only one single in our group. We were also discussing about one of our friends who's been jumping from one guy to another and always end up hurting himself on the process. Well hindi na siya talaga natuto.

By 4am we called it a night. Before going home they ate goto then we went our separate ways after. I went home finding him not home yet, instead of worrying I took a bath before taking a nap.

I woke up the next day finding him beside me. I carefully stoop up and took a bath. I prepared my stuff then head to the gym. After the work out I was texted by a friend, he was inviting me to stay at his apartment. I went there and he introduced me to his room mates. One took a nap early because of his interview the next day. So I only get to talk with the room mate. We discussed a lot until we went to a very sensitive topic. He told me that his partner died a year ago due to lung cancer (was only 30 years old that time). He said that we were lucky to be able to spend 5 years together and 8 years for my friend and his partner. As for them, they only had 3 years together before he succumbed to cancer. He said he was already ok and finally able to move on. In fact he's already seeing someone new.

I woke up by 5am. I took a bath before I went home. I was about to insert the key when I heard a familiar text tone. It was my partner's. I stopped and the door opened. It was him, he's already heading for work. He just passed by me without looking at me. So I went inside and changed my clothes. Well, ganun lang parang hindi kami nagkakilala, or as if I didn't exist at all. Ginusto ko naman 'yun, after all, it was me who stopped communicating with him. It's just that I was caught off guard. It pains me but I had to endure it. I can already feel it that anytime now, he will leave me for good and that I'll finally be free.

That was my weekend. How about yours?

Xoxo

The Curious Cat

P.S. Image courtesy of http://www.nomad4ever.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/san-miguel-beer-bottles.jpg

34 comments:

  1. ouch - ang sakit naman ng ending. btw, what's wrong with your URL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. my weekend was spent on cold stools & warm beer. :) sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ginusto ko naman 'yun, after all, it was me who stopped communicating with him. It's just that I was caught off guard. It pains me but I had to endure it. I can already feel it that anytime now, he will leave me for good and that I'll finally be free."

    =(



    --- --

    ayun buong weekend hanggang nagyon may Lss ako ng Bad Romance ni Lady Gagah.

    Bwisit kasi ang mga nagsasayaw sa gym, yun ang tugtog, gusto gusto ko na talagng umindak at makijoin sa kanila hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least you are prepared for the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ay tapos na ba ang weekend? hehe sa akin kasi parang walang katapusang weekend not in the gimik sense hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Iurico ganun talaga, may prob kase sa access 'yung blog ko kaya I change URL when I read comments

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dabo ok lang 'yun, ganun talaga

    haha bakit kase hindi ka nag join sa kanila

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Trip no choice haha kaya I'm preparing for the worst

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't worry. temporary lang naman ang pain at lahat tayo nakakaranas nyan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is happening between you and your partner reminds me of the song "invisible war" by julia fordham. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

    o ayan ha, ang lalim na buntung-hininga nyan...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i read a book and downloaded some songs this weekend. ooh and i finally bought my parents my Christmas gift for them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. kakalungkot naman ung ending =(

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm, what can i say...

    just be strong

    wala na rin naman yatang paraan para magkaayos pa kayo eh

    ReplyDelete
  15. i heard that you deleted your blog but good thing that it's back now. :)

    well, i think in a way tinutulungan ka na din ng mga "unfortunate" events to prepare yourself for what's gonna come. kapit lang bro, kaya mo yan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back, xtian. I had feared you'd gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ditto. akala ko wala ka na. huhu

    compared to ur weekend, mine was pretty blah. haha i hope u feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @domjullian part na talaga 'yan ng buhay natin, there's nothing else to do but deal with it

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Engel that's nice hehe huli man sabi nila it's the thought that counts

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Maxwell hindi ko naman binura, changed URL lang pero back na

    thanks, 'yun na nga dapat gawin :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Rudeboy thanks, hirap iwan ang "home"

    ReplyDelete
  22. @citybuoy thanks hehe, hindi naman nawala

    haha kase gumagawa ako ng paraan para hindi gaano maging boring weekend ko hehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi there curiouscat! finally found your blog :) sayang di kita nakita sa quatro. I dont know how you look like nga pala :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ouch -- wala naba talagang pag-asa? i mean tama yung kausap mo.. sayang din naman..

    ReplyDelete
  25. You deserve someone better.
    Bakit ka manghihinayang sa bilang ng taon kung respeto naman sa sarili mo ang nakataya?

    You're stronger than you think.
    Kaya yan!

    Kampai!

    ReplyDelete