Monday, August 30, 2010

Ex


It took me a while to finally admit that I no longer feel the same for you.
It took me a while to finally admit that I’m holding on for the wrong reason.
It took me a while to finally admit that I’m blinded by the idea of us.
It took me a while to finally admit that I can’t lose you because you where never mine to begin with.
It took me a while to finally admit that I can’t fight for something that no longer exists.
It took me a while to finally have the courage to let you go and bid goodbye to you.
It took me a while to finally have the courage to leave you and stand up for myself.
It took me a while to finally have the courage to accept we’re thru so I can finally move on.
It took me a while to finally have the courage to love you no longer and start to love myself again.
It took me a while to finally have the courage to move out and start building a home with my new love.

******

Goodbyes were never my cup of coffee
It’s inevitable and when things end
One had to utter the word
Most of the time a whisper will do
Most often it’s I who received it
But this time around
It’s my time to say it to you
Goodbye and live well for your sake


Xoxo

The Curious Cat
P.S. Image courtesy of http://www.mseddesign.com/templates/default/elements/X.png

9 comments:

  1. im proud of you for making that stand that not most people can... best wishes for your new start

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you tagged this post.

    experience, self love :)

    sounds like you'll be fine in no time. wooot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can feel your pain... :'-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaya ni ewik, I'm so proud of you. haha! Ikaw na!

    Parang ang dami na nating nag move in at nagttrabaho sa iisang city. dadami nnmn mga kalokohan wahaha. gimick na!

    Ang daming mag hhouse warming! inuman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christian!!! One year na and you're still writing about your ex.

    But...

    We all know how hard it is. =(

    Be well, I think you're almost at the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and the next step is moving on...

    goodluck on both of u guys. sana dumating na rinn yun talagang para sayo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this. It's moving on but acknowledging the past. Great progress, xtian. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finalities are reassuring, especially when they become validated by words. :)

    ReplyDelete