Thursday, August 25, 2011

Discernment

I'm going through difficult time right now and it has been affecting me in so many ways that I almost want to give up. I'm so glad that my family and my partner serve as an inspiration for me to toughen up and continue on battling my demons. I’m glad that I have God to turn to whenever I feel like I can no longer fight.

I’d like to share this very beautiful prayer that I’ve been reciting for a few days now and it help me in ways that it’s hard to explain. I first got hold of this prayer from the book that I bought entitled “Straight from the heart – a prayer companion” from National Bookstore. I bought this on my birthday because I was so depressed at the time and needed a more powerful way to communicate with God. This book was compiled by
Rev. Fr. Mario Jose C. Ladra.

So here’s the prayer and I hope that someone who’s also going through rough times these days will be able to benefit from it:

Prayer For Discernment
By Joanna O'Keefe

Lord, I feel fragmented
Like a broken pot of clay
I've lost my focus
I've lost my way.

I've poured myself out
I'm drained, I'm dry
I sense a discontent
I can't identify.

I feel rootless
Like a rolling tumbleweed.
Moving, moving
Dizzy from the speed.

I feel like quitting
I feel self-doubt
I'm tired Lord,
I'm worn out.

How can I integrate
My scattered thoughts,
My dreams?
How can I find balance,
Freedom from extremes.

How can I slow down?
How can I release?
There are so many pressures,
How can I find peace?

Quiet,
My child, be still.
Listen to your feelings.
Discipline your will.

Come to the garden,
The secret place we share.
My essence in the Garden,
Come to me in prayer.

Transcend worldly cares.
Seek the kingdom first.
Peace lies within;
It is for me you thirst.

Accept your limitations;
Embrace humility.
Here lies the path to wisdom
And to maturity.

Come to the Garden,
The soul's sweet bouquet.
The flowers of tomorrow
Are in the seeds of today.

TOGETHER we will weed.
TOGETHER we will sow.
TOGETHER we will water.
TOGETHER we will grow.

Xoxo

The Curious Cat
P.S. Image courtesy of http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pray&um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=537&tbm=isch&tbnid=urbOVfuKFAaabM:&imgrefurl=http://www.jodilley.com/prayer.html&docid=fgtOPKxs9j9rZM&w=409&h=293&ei=ibVVTrbeFYPTiAKPxc2sCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=94&page=4&tbnh=109&tbnw=129&start=58&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:58&tx=42&ty=68

2 comments:

  1. I hope this storm will pass you by, just as many past ones did. stay strong, and hold on to the closest to you for comfort.

    ReplyDelete